May 5th 2018
You love the nature, you want to embrace summer and enjoy an energising blend of outdoor fitness, adventure and relaxation at our hilltop retreat.
Our Outdoor Active & Adventure week is a perfect escape for everyone looking to boost fitness and embrace a healthy holiday in the beautiful and wild Western Algarve.
- 7 nights at our small scale retreat located on an idyllic hilltop a short walk to the beach
- Accommodation in one of four designer apartments, huge views and immaculately furnished in 2017
- Five early morning Outdoor active sessions designed to boost fitness, burn fat and become stronger, leaner and healthier. At the beach or the retreat.
- Four Adventure days – we will guide and provide equipment:
- Biking ancient trails through valleys and local villages to the wild west coast,
- Paddleboard explore the spectacular coastline past secret beaches and bays or through twisting river valleys.
- Hiking day through the mountains and wooded region of Monchique.
- Boat day, explore hidden bays, caves and azul grottos from our 9m Cheetah Catamaran, swimming, snorkelling the turquoise waters
- Use of equipment throughout your stay: New Specialised Phat suspension bikes, Billabong or Rip Curl Wetsuits, Tiki or NSP Surfboards, Paddleboards (during paddleboard sessions) Cheetah catamaran – 1 day. All equipment and 40ft pool at our retreat.
- Two beach days or visit the local capital Lagos, a walled town with
- And if you are still keen for more….Guided runs and trails from our hilltop retreat taking in the coast and country, 3-10km loops.
- A delightful breakfast served after the outdoor active session.
- Arrival BBQ and salad bar on your first night
You will need:
- Flights arriving on or before Saturday
- Transfer to the western Algarve (60 minutes from airport) – we can collect from Lagos train station. Hire car is best and very reasonably priced in October
- Lunch, either prepare before the days activity or take at a Portuguese café or restaurant en route
- Dinner, prepare at home in the luxury of your apartment or eat out at one of many cafes or restaurants in the village (5 minute walk). Fantastically priced and delicious local seafood, salads and local produce all available.
Optional surf day with a local surf school – extra cost.
|Body Boost, 7 day itinerary||accommodation||sports||total|
|1 person sharing||400||200||600 p/p|
|1 person own room||600||200||600 p/p|
|Couple sharing apartment||900||400||1300 p/c|
|Couple own apartment||1200||400||1600 p/c|
Our hilltop oasis is the perfect place to chill between activities; catch up with friends after a mornings surf or yoga and plan the next pursuit. OceanBlue Oasis is home to WildGym using the outdoors for workouts to burn fat, increase fitness and stretch the body. Get the tough stuff out the way and feel awesome for the rest of the day.
DIET AND NUTRITION
Simple, Clean and Fresh.
Months of sunshine, good soil and warm water hail an Eden like climate perfect for outdoor growing – us included. Local markets have the freshest, tastiest fruits and veggies, incredible local meat and probably the best seafood in the world. Exercise and activity over the seven days will make you firm up and lose weight. If you want to max up on weight loss, eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner (it’s not hard in Portugal). Ideally no snacks in-between and especially no bread. Coffee is awesome and at 60 cents per shot it’s a great stimulant for exercise (and enthusiasm). Water bottled from the source in the Monchique mountains is aplenty, it’s just the temptation of the divine vine verde to work through. The surrounding area is blessed with a vast array of quality restaurants and eateries. All manner of tastes and styles are catered for including specialty foods, vegan and vegee, Brazilian steaks, Portuguese seafood and Italian delights. With our local knowledge, we can direct you to your perfect gastronomic pleasure.