Live the endless summer with a surf specific or multi-activity holiday in Portugal.
An energising blend of water and wilderness adventures await…. from our exclusive hilltop retreat.
Waves and Wilderness week 8th September 2018
ON THE WATER: Surf with Scott
Search out the best beaches and explore the waves of the west or beautiful south with private and small group tuition from Scott, dedicated surf guide and Waterman.
Scott offers specialised programme for surfing, with options of sailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing and wakeboarding as extras. Whatever your level, Scott will take you to the best surf spots according to daily conditions, all within a 20 second to 20 mile drive.
IN THE WILDERNESS
If you want a break from the ocean, or you prefer land based activities, bag your action credentials exploring the mountains, coast, lakes and forests. Miles of mountain bike trails, hikes and guided runs are available daily with our onsite personal trainer Lucy Strevens. Paddle board and explore twisty rivers, mountain lakes, and pristine coasts. Discover whitewashed villages and enjoy coffee in far-flung sun beaten cafes.
Relax and unwind by the pool at our hilltop retreat, or take us up on the wide range of experiences on offer. Back at the villa, our hilltop oasis is the perfect place to chill between activities; catch up with friends after a mornings surf or bike ride and plan the next pursuit.
Accommodation: Package includes accommodation, water and land activities, Choice of water or land each day.
|Waves & Wilderness||total|
|1 person sharing||500 p/p|
|1 person own room||700 p/p|
|Couple sharing apartment||1000 p/c|
|Couple own apartment||1500 p/c|
- 7 nights at our small scale retreat located on an idyllic hilltop a short walk to the beach
- Accommodation in one of four designer apartments, huge views and immaculately furnished in 2017
- Six days of surf instruction, tuition at the best beaches according to daily conditions and experience.
- Flexible package available with a daily choice of ocean or land activities.
- Alternative adventure options include: (guide and kit provided)
- – Bike ancient trails through valleys and local villages to the wild west coast
- – Paddleboard explore the spectacular coastline past secret beaches and bays or through twisting river valleys.
- – Hiking day through the mountains and wooded region of Monchique.
- – Boat day, explore hidden bays, caves and azul grottos from our 9m Cheetah Catamaran, swimming, snorkelling the turquoise waters
- Use of equipment throughout your stay: New Specialised Fat mountain bikes, Billabong or Rip Curl Wetsuits, Tiki or NSP Surfboards, Paddleboards (during paddleboard sessions) Cheetah catamaran – 1 day. All equipment and 40ft pool at our retreat.
- And if you are still keen for more….Guided runs and trails from our hilltop retreat taking in the coast and country, 3-10km loops.
- Arrival BBQ and meal on your first night
You will need:
- Flights arriving on Thursday 14th or Friday 15th September
- Transfer to the western Algarve (60 minutes from airport) – we can collect from Lagos train station. Hire car is best and very reasonably priced in September
- Lunch, either prepare before the days activity or take at one of the many cheap Portuguese café or restaurant.
- Dinner, prepare at home in the luxury of your apartment or eat out at one of many cafes or restaurants in the village (5 minute walk). Fantastically priced and delicious local seafood, salads and local produce all available.